I had a hankering for something sweet but nothing shop bought was enticing me. I did a wee bit of googling and settled on the staple, Rice Krispies Treats
|Rice Krispies Treats|
Now, traditionally I would do these with just melted chocolate with some nice things like coconut or sweeties on top but marshmallows have take me to another level altogether....lol
- 3 tablespoons of butter or margerine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Melt butter and marshmallows in saucepan, when melted add rice krispies and mix well
- Using the back of a large spoon or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan well dusted with icing sugar (beacuse they are sticky)
- Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
Deviations, sure it would not be right if I didnt deviate.
I added some white chocolate chips I had and I added some dried cranberries I had to my side of the pan.Hubbie doesn't like cranberries.